Gender Based Violence prevention and response (GBV):
- NRC's Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response programme conducted a Basic Concepts training in Harshm camp about topics such as power, gender vs. sex and different types of violence.
- NRC provided 11 tented classes for formal school students in Bajed Kandala and Qadia camp.
- In NRC's education centers in Bajed Kandala camp, the Italian organization UPP conducted an awareness activity for internally displaced persons.
- The NRC Education team in Dohuk took NRC support center students to a ' Clown Activity' conducted by UNICEF in Qadia camp.
- NRC is currently in the process of establishing a Parent Teacher Association in Erbil.
- Supervisors are set and started work in three refugee camps in Erbil with the support of NRC.
- NRC continues to respond to the cholera outbreak and last week NRC's emergency response teams distributed 200 anti-cholera kits, 200 dignity kits and 30 baby kits in Abu Ghraib. In addition, the teams conducted hygiene awareness session with focus on cholera awareness in Baghdad.