NRC’s work in Erbil
Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM):
- NRC distributed 59 RRM kits (emergency food, water, buckets and hygiene items) to 52 families who recently arrived in Debaga camp from Qayyarah, Hawija, Bijil and Mosul.
- NRC provided 1,648 RRM kits to 1,469 families who arrived in Khazer and Hassan Sham camps.
- NRC provided 1,600 student kits to internally displaced, conflict-affected children in Hassan Sham and Khazer camps.
- 4,614 students attended catch-up classes and psychosocial support activities at NRC’s School Support Centre in both Hassan Sham and Khazer camps.
- NRC distributed 430,000 Iraqi dinars as cash assistance to 1,688 families in Turaq, Badawa, Tobzawa and Binslawa.
- NRC conducted the first cash assistance payment using SMS through Asia Hawala to 60 internally displaced families in the host community of Qushtapa.
NRC conducted an awareness raising training on fire and safety to 31 Syrian refugees in Kawergosk camp and to 73 Syrian refugees in Darashakran camp
Information, counselling and legal assistance (ICLA):
- NRC launched legal aid services in Qayyarah. Legal officers have been recruited and will provide assistance on Registration and Civil Documentation and on Housing, Land and Property rights to internally displaced person.
- NRC conducted mobile visits and group information sessions in both Hasan Sham and Khazer camps, in order to provide legal information and advice on Registration and Civil Documentation and on Housing, Land and Property rights.
NRC’s work in Kirkuk
Gender-Based Violence (GBV) prevention and response:
- NRC’s GBV team conducted regular visits to Daquq, Laylan and Yahyawa camps.
- In Laylan camp, the GBV team, in coordination with International Relief and Development (IRD), conducted psychosocial support activities for 280 women and 272 men.
- In Daquq camp, knitting courses was delivered to 532 women.
- NRC provided an awareness raising session about early marriage to 56 women, and Kurdish language learning courses to 106 men in Daquq camp
- In Yahyawa Camp, the GBV team conducted psychosocial support activitiesto 28 women, and delivered a session about violence against children to the same participants.
- In coordination with Save the Children International, and Kurdistan Relief Association, NRC’s GBV team in Panja Ali delivered psychosocial support activities to 280 women. In addition, a session about the importance of education was provided to 23 men.
- In Al Qadisya, NRC gave an introduction about NRC’s GBV program service to 11 women and a session about early marriage to 33 women.