Our work from Kirkuk
The Kirkuk office’s Gender-Based Violence (GBV) prevention and response work last week included:
- delivering psychosocial support activities to 212 women and an awareness raising session to 67 women and 55 men in Nazrawa camp;
- conducting, in coordination with International Relief and Development, psychosocial support activities for 333 women and 315 men in Laylan camp. In addition, an awareness raising session was delivered to 24 women and 69 men;
- providing psychosocial support activities to 611 women and delivering Kurdish language classes to 318 men in Daquq camp. In addition, 32 women participated in a breastfeeding awareness session and 70 men participated in a hygiene awareness session;
- leading psychosocial support activities for 319 for women in Yahyawa camp and delivering English lessons to 95 men. 69 men also attended a session aimed at increasing their awareness of the importance of education;
- providing psychosocial support activities to 365 women and an awareness raising session about the importance of education to 84 women and 70 men in Panja Ali in coordination with Save the Children International and Kurdistan Relief Association;
- leading psychosocial support activities for 242 women and delivering an awareness raising session about the importance of education to 84 women Al-Qadisya;
- delivering GBV basic concept training to 22 service providersfrom the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and International Relief and Development in Laylan B camp. 28 community members from Laylan B and 24 community members from Daquq camp also attended the training.
Our work from Erbil
This past week NRC’s Erbil office undertook a range of activities, part of which included:
- distributing 1,749 Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) kits containing emergency food, water and hygiene items to 9,875 internally displaced persons (IDP) in Hassan Sham and Khazer camps and Al-Hamdaniya reception centre this past week;
- delivering non-food item (NFI) kits containing blankets, heaters, hygiene items and solar lanterns to 5,400 individuals in Al-Samah neighbourhood inside eastern Mosul city. Further distributions are planned to cover the whole population of Al-Samah neighbourhood including IDPs there;
- dispersing NFI kits to 3,300 individuals in Al-Shura sub-district close to Mosul.
Our work from Baghdad
The Baghdad RRM team’s work this past week included:
- distributing RRM kits to 468 individuals in Kilo 18 camp in Ramadi sub-district;
- providing 5 RRM kits to families in Al-Ghazaiyih camp in Mansour sub-district and 4 RRM kits to families in Al-Narjes kindergarten in Rasheed sub-district;
- delivering 12 RRM kits to 72 individuals in Al-Abayachi.