Rapid Response Mechanisms (RRM)
- During the month of January, ACTED’s RRM team distributed RRM kits to a total of 2,292 families (13,778 individuals).
- ACTED’s team operated in camps (Qaymawa, Garmawa and Nargizilia camps in Ninewa), newly retaken villages (Telyara, Baybukht, Orta Krab, Mazarah, and Derek), and sites where IDP families were temporarily stranded, check points: 70% of ACTED’s RRM assistance targeted beneficiaries in camp locations. This represented a shift in ACTED’s RRM focus from previous months of distribution, when more focus was put on newly retaken villages and host communities.
- Over the reporting period, ACTED distributed a total of 3,240 immediate response rations (IRR) of food, 2,973 hygiene kits, 2001 dignity kits, 1095 baby kits, and 5,810 packs of water.
- The average number of IRR distributed per location in January was 59, with a maximum of 268 IRRs distributed on 8 January in Baybukht village.
Shelter and non-food items (S.NFI)
- Through the simultaneous implementation of four emergency S.NFI projects in partnership with OCHA and Shelterbox, since the end of November ACTED operated in ten different non-camp locations (Derek, Baybukht, Orta Krab, Sumaqia, Al Maghfera, Omar Qapchi, Mazarha, Ibrahim Al Khalil, Al Adla and Kubaybah) reaching a total of 13,866 individuals with life-saving NFI assistance.
- Over the reporting period, ACTED distributed 2,879 mobile NFI kits, 136 basic NFI kits, 4 tents and 474 basic emergency shelter kits (BESKs).
Child Protection (CP)
- In January 2017, ACTED’s child protection mobile unit operating in Fadiliya registered 3 girls in the Child and Youth Friendly Space, raising the total number of children receiving psychosocial support through recreational and non-formal education activities to 149 children. Furthermore, 2 girls and 1 boy were registered by ACTED’s caseworkers in January, raising the total number of children receiving specialized case management services to 13 children.
- In 2016, ACTED’s team identified a total of 60 unaccompanied and separated children (UASC) at screening sites and in retaken areas. No additional UASC were identified in January.
Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)
- Since the beginning of January, ACTED’s CCCM team conducted site maintenance activities such as solar light installation, debris management, latrine cleaning, and sealing-off windows for IDPs who found shelter at Derek Primary School in addition to two unfinished buildings in Mazar'a and two unfinished buildings serving as a transit site in Tel Yabis.
- ACTED is also leading on the establishment of a joint-agency complaints feedback mechanism that will be piloted in Khazir U3 camp with the intention of establishing the system to all Mosul camps in Ninewa. ACTED’s team also assisted camp management in the creation of 4 site management committees that identify and carry out maintenance needs and activities. It also prompted the establishment of distribution committees supporting distributions within the camp and the installation of fire prevention methods.
- Most recently, ACTED has been instrumental in assisting the opening of Narzigilia camp. Here, ACTED was responsible for the registration of IDPs and tent allocations and advised camp management on the application of national CCCM guidelines. The ACTED CCCM team is now on site full time to improve coordination between actors, assist camp management, and register all IDPs arriving at the camp.