PROTECTION ASSISTANCE AND REINTEGRATION CENTER (PARC) IN CAMP & NON-CAMP AREAS/ UNHCR PROGRAM
- PARC team did 3 filed visits in non-camp area for 81 SAS families and their needs were identified.
- PARC referred 49 different cases of SAS and old refugees to different institutions that Harikar has coordination with for providing them with assistance and services.
- Legal assistance has been provided for 9 cases of camp and non-camp Syrian Asylum Seekers and Turkish refugees.
- PARC team in Domiz Camp reported 45 cases related to registration and followed up them with registration center.
- PARC/ Gawelan team did protection interviews with 35 SAS individuals in Bajid Kandala Transit Camp.
- PARC team distributed transportation fees on 29 old refugee students and enrolled other 82 cases in the Student Transportation Allowance.
- PARC distributed Cash Assistance on 18 families of Turkish and old Syrian refugees.
* PARC Medical Reimbursement Program:
- PARC/ CSA and the medical supervisor visited three settlements of refugees; Domiz (Syrian old case), Gregawre and Miserike to assess the locations and identify the most vulnerable individuals who are in need of regular treatment. During the visits, PARC team identified 2 medical cases in Domiz settlement, 6 in gregawre and 13 in Miserike to be included in the medical reimbursement program. All the vulnerable individuals were given forms to be filled by their doctors and return them back to PARC medical supervisor.
QUICK IMPACT PROJECTs (QIPs)
- Visiting Barokh/Asoda schools in Summel with UNHCR technical staff to discuss the conditions of the building and whether the proposed works are feasible.
- Finalizing the two BoQs of Dost School and revising the proposal drafts.
- Field visits to Health centers and hospitals (Shindoukha PHC, Duhok Emergency Hospital, Akre Hospital, Bardrash HC, Bagera HC, Deralok HC, and renal dialyses building in Zakho Emergency Hospital), to follow up on DoH proposals.
- Field visit to Akre (Kaley and Zagros Schools), also meeting with DoE and doing a massive data collection about Arabic secondary schools.
- Attending the non-camp education working group meeting in DoE – Duhok.
- Office work: Data entry, writing and finalizing the BoQs.
- Meeting the RISE Foundation to discuss their approved QIP proposal which will be implemented by RISE under the supervision of Harikar in Akre camp.
WOMAN LITENING CENTER AT DOMIZ CAMP (WLC)
* The total clients/cases received by Harikar-WLC at Domiz Camp were (57) cases; including counseling, referrals, legal, GBV, Psychosocial, health issues, jobs seekers and women interested in trainings.
* Other activities by HARIKAR-WLC:
- PARC/WLC Visited police station to discuss some cases of SAS from Domiz camp.
- PARC/WLC attended "The Campaign against Early Marriage" at Derik School in Domiz camp.
- PARC/WLC presented an information session about "The Causes of Depression" for 6 women from Domiz camp.
- PARC/WLC presented an information session about "Women after the age of 40" for 7 women from Domiz camp.
- Following up an SGBV case with the police station.
- Following up a psychosocial case with MSF.
- PARC/WLC attended a meeting about S/GBV with UNHCR, UNFPA, IRC, MSF, and IMC in DTVAW office / Duhok.
- WLC was visited by UNHCR for following up an SGBV case.
- PARC/WLC received 5 new GBV cases during this week.
- PARC/WLC went for mobilization 3 times with 3 groups of volunteers.
HARIKAR LEGAL SOCIAL CENTER
- LSC presented 25 legal and social services; 12 of them were legalization of marriage certificates.
- LSC conducted a workshop about "Pregnancy" for 26 women from Domiz Camp.
Community Cohesion in Northern Iraq
- GTI staff prepared a filling activity for PCN 006.
- GTI staff met with IRD and discussed the new PCN 012.
- GTI staff met with Harikar NGO Program Coordinator to discuss the activities and the new PCN
- GTI Staff met with the actors to check the rehearsals.
- GTI Staff and the actors met with some foreign activists from Center for Peace and Conflict Resolution - UoD in Duhok and a workshop was conducted by the activists for the actors and the project staff.
- GTI staff is in the process of preparing performance for the new PCN.
Harikar Legal Clinic
- During the reporting period, a total of 15 cases were received in both legal clinic office and during the outreach visits. Among the 15 cases, 3 were full legal representation and 12 were legal consultations. The 3 full legal representations were (2 divorce and 1 residency card). The legal consultations were given by the clinic lawyers on various legal issues to the clients approached the clinic office and met during the outreach visits.
- Regarding the outreach visits, 2 visits were paid to Sumel and Shekhan districts. The team was consisted of a lawyer and a social worker. The visits covered the courthouses, women unions and IDP sites.
Child Friendly Space at Domiz Camp
- Child Friendly Space could enroll a number of children and youth from Domiz Camp in the various activities and lectures of the week such as: hygiene awareness, dance, listening short stories, painting, music and sports. Children who participated and attended the activities were between the ages of (4-17). The activities were held in Kulilik and Nergiz Centers at Domiz Camp.
Hygiene Education and Promotion
- HP leaflets are ready for printing and they will be taken to the tent to tent visit in Domiz Camp.
- The team coordinated with DoH to discuss the short videos of the project.
- Translating the KAP survey questionnaire for the HP volunteers.
- Attending 2 Wash meetings by UNICEF on water conservation. During the meetings, water problems were discussed; therefore, Harikar and PWJ decided to share awareness messages on water conservation to Syrian refugees in Domiz camp.
Literacy Initiative for Empowerment (LIFE) in Iraq
- Teaching 350 beneficiaries reading, writing and mathematics based on the National Literacy Curriculum in Iraq.
- Two seminars about "International Human Rights Law" and "Early Childhood" were presented at Jiyan and Kar centers for 190 women from Domiz Camp.
- Lectures of the computer course are continuous in Kar center.