PROTECTION ASSISTANCE AND REINTEGRATION CENTER (PARC) IN CAMP & NON-CAMP AREAS/ UNHCR PROGRAM
- PARC team did 2 filed visits in non-camp area for 46 families and their needs were identified.
- PARC referred 18 different cases of SAS and old refugees to different institutions that Harikar has coordination with for providing them with assistance and services.
- Legal assistance has been provided for 9 cases of camp and non-camp Syrian Asylum Seekers and Turkish refugees.
- Continuous follow up for registration cases of Syrian Asylum seekers by PARC team.
- PARC team in Domiz Camp reported 56 cases related to registration and followed up them with registration center.
- PARC team distributed transportation fees on 42 old refugee students in Miserike, Gregawre and Balqos.
- PARC distributed Cash Assistance on 25 families of Turkish refugees.
- PARC attended the monthly regular program meeting at UNHCR/Duhok.
- PARC attended a meeting about the IDPs in Duhok governorate. During the meeting, all the participated agencies discussed a form which was intended to be finalized and used during the assessments for IDPs.
* PARC Medical Reimbursement Program:
- PARC/ CSA and the medical supervisor visited the two settlements of refugees; Malabirwan and Moquble Camp (old Syrian) to assess the locations and identify the most vulnerable individuals who are in need of regular treatment. During the visits, PARC team assessed 13 families in malabirwan and Harikar medical forms were given to 7 vulnerable families. While in Moquble Camp 6 families were assessed and Harikar medical form was given to 1 vulnerable family. The identified families will be included in the medical reimbursement program after Harikar medical forms are filled by their doctors and returned to PARC medical supervisor
QUICK IMPACT PROJECTs (QIPs)
- Site visits to Sheladze PHC, Rozana Hospital, Khirabdem PHC, and Kora PHC, with DoH engineer and UNHCR, to follow up on DoH proposals.
- PARC/ QIPs team met with UNHCR and discussed the outcome of the assessment process.
- Site visit with DoE engineer and UNHCR Technical team to Barokh School in Sumel to decide what should be done regarding the cracks problem in the building of the school.
- PARC/ QIPs team had a meeting with DoE and revised the BoQs for tendering.
- Announcing tender for the three approved QIPs (Bardarash Youth Center and Rangin School).
HARIKAR WOMAN LITENING CENTER AT DOMIZ CAMP (WLC)
* The total clients/cases received by Harikar-WLC at Domiz Camp were (32) cases; including counseling, referrals, legal, GBV, Psychosocial, health issues, jobs seekers and women interested in trainings.
* Other activities by HARIKAR-WLC:
- PARC/WLC attended the meeting with IRC which was about participation in the trainings on S/GBV.
- PARC/ WLC presented an information session about "Marital life and pathological jealousy" for 15 from Domiz Camp.
- PARC/ WLC presented an information session about "Self-confidence" for 8 women from Domiz Camp.
- PARC/ WLC and UNHCR protection associate discussed a GBV case of an SAS female.
- PARC/ WLC received 1 new case of SGBV.
- PARC/ WLC went for mobilization 3 times with 3 groups of volunteers.
- PARC/ WLC closed 9 S/GBV cases during this week.
- 3 women from Domiz Camp visited WLC to borrow books.
- PARC/ WLC had a coordination meeting with IRC. During the meeting, trainings about S/GBV were discussed.
HARIKAR LEGAL SOCIAL CENTER
- An orientation session on Domestic violence has been conducted in this week to the religious and sector leaders by the DTVAW staff at the centre.
- A workshop about "Early Childhood" has been presented by the social worker at the center for 25 women from Domiz camp.
- LSC team attended a meeting with IRC at Domiz Conference hall. The meeting discussed VAC, and child laborer. A team was also selected to follow up the VAC cases at the schools.
HARIKAR COMMUNITY COHESIN IN NORTHREN IRAQ
- GTI staffs prepared the Filling activity of PCN 005.
- GTI staffs met with IRD on Wednesday and discussed the time line and audience.
- GTI staff also met with Erbil staff of IRD and discussed all the issues concerning the new PCN.
- GTI staff met with the actors and discussed the new scenario.
- GTI staff met with the Directorate of Education/Zakho and discussed about performing the play in their hall.
- GTI staff met with youth center and women center and Barzani Charity Foundation concerning the performance of PCN 010 and the new one as well.
HARIKAR LEGAL CLINIC
- During the reporting period, a total of 15 cases were received in both legal clinic office and during the outreach visits. Among the 15 cases, 5 were full legal representation and 10 were legal consultations. The 5 full legal representations were (1 divorce and 4 criminal defenses for men and women). The legal consultations were given by the clinic lawyers on various legal issues to the clients approached the clinic office and met during the outreach visits.
- Regarding the outreach visits, 3 visits were paid to Amedya, Bardarash and Zakho districts. The team was consisted of a lawyer and a social worker. The visits covered the courthouses, women unions and IDP sites.
HARIKAR CHILD FRIENDLY SPACE AT DOMIZ CAMP
- Child Friendly Space could enroll a number of children and youth from Domiz Camp in the various activities and lectures of the week such as: hygiene awareness, dance, listening short stories, painting, music and sports. Children who participated and attended the activities were between the ages of (4-17). The activities were held in Kulilik and Nergiz Centers at Domiz Camp. In this week, trees have been planted in Kulilik center.
HARIKAR HYGIENE EDUCATION AND PROMOTION PROJECT
- Meeting with the HP teams and discussing points leading to the success of the project.
- Sharing handouts and the topics that the team focused on with UNICEF and other agencies to avoid duplication of the activities.
- Contacting DMC with an official letter kindly demanding to have a meeting with Sector leaders to make them aware of the project and to be supportive with HP volunteers.
- The HP staff went to Gawela Camp to have a meeting with PU_AMI to discuss the activities and the schedule for school hygiene promotion.
LITERACY INITIATIVE FOR EMPORMENT (LIFE) IN IRAQ
- Teaching 350 beneficiaries reading, writing and mathematics based on the National Literacy Curriculum in Iraq.
- Two seminars about "International Human Rights Law" and "Early Childhood" were presented at Jiyan and Kar centers for 190 women from Domiz Camp.
- Lectures of the computer course are continuous in Kar center.